• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Board+ CPU Efficiency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Julio_tech

Registered
Hello Guys,

Im finally updating my rig, time to go for a new mobo and processor. I have a Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition with and Asus m44a88t-m mobo.

And want to get the FX-8320 with the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ and i want to know if they are going grate together. thinking of cooling it with a Corsair H60.

Please give me your opinions about this, Thanks

6+2 power by the looks of it... and from the looks of your cooling, you won't be pushing it too hard (heat will get in the way first I would imagine). But, looks solid.

Not sure what you are asking about "CPU efficiency".

If your plans are to get an Fx 8xxx cpu the Sabertooth is arguable the top board to get if not going into extreme overclocking. Did I miss something or did the OP originally post the Sabertooth? Anyhow the M5A99X/990FX Pro boards are also really good boards you just will most likely not be able to overclock beyond 4.5/4.6 stable on one.

Back