• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help getting Event 19 WHEA-Logger Errors (is this harmful to my CPU?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h4rvey

Registered
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to get the right settings for my over clock.
My goal is to overlock to 4.4 using the turbo setting which allows the system to bump up the CPU speed as it needs to, from what ive read this is an ok thing to do.

It would be nice to get a 4.5 OC but i only have a Air cooler at the moment.

Here is the hardware im using:
Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1h(UEFI BIOS) (Rev1.3)http://
CPU: Intel i7 3770k OC @ 4.4ghz
RAM: 16GB KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX @ 1600 - 1.65v (properly set timings / volts for this ram)
VIDEO: Nvidia GTX 760

Here are my BIOS settings:
[
Here are the Event 19 Errors im getting: (they seem to go away the higher i put the CPU Vcore volts up. But so does the CPU temp.)
http://imgur.com/AWZTOMK

So im wondering if im doing something wrong?
Will these errors harm my computer? or can i ignore them?

Thanks for you feedback :)

from what ive read online to get rid of this event error ID 19 you should keep increasing the CPU Vcore volts until it goes away.

So ive been doing that im up to 1.39V right now and testing.
That seems a bit high from all the OC guides and posts i read about people OCing the same CPU i have.

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to get the right settings for my over clock.
My goal is to overlock to 4.4 using the turbo setting which allows the system to bump up the CPU speed as it needs to, from what ive read this is an ok thing to do.

It would be nice to get a 4.5 OC but i only have a Air cooler at the moment.

Here is the hardware im using:
Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1h(UEFI BIOS) (Rev1.3)http://
CPU: Intel i7 3770k OC @ 4.4ghz
RAM: 16GB KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX @ 1600 - 1.65v (properly set timings / volts for this ram)
VIDEO: Nvidia GTX 760

Here are my BIOS settings:
[
Here are the Event 19 Errors im getting: (they seem to go away the higher i put the CPU Vcore volts up. But so does the CPU temp.)
http://imgur.com/AWZTOMK

So im wondering if im doing something wrong?
Will these errors harm my computer? or can i ignore them?

Thanks for you feedback :)

Yours is not the uncorrectable type like I got last night with blend mode 64-bit Prime95. But it's a parity error, so I would raise the VDIMM.

Mine was a bus error and after changing the FSB termination voltage, blend mode Prime95 was still going at 4 AM.

And if still the same error, then I suggest to raise the NB voltage.

I don't like those "corrected" errors, which I never gotten, knock on wood, because they have the potential to cause Windows lag.
(Possibly loss of FPS and the like.)

Windows feeling slow with an OC may be a sign of corrected-WHEA-errors.

Last edited:
oh so it being a Parity Error would mean the issue is with my RAM and not my CPU volts?

the vcore is the only one ive been play with so far.

Im wondering if someone is wrong with my mobo, it will only start to stablize at 1.38 volts on the vcore. When i run a stress test at that voltage my CPU gets to 88-90oC.

most of the guides and people ive talked to can OC this same CPU with much lower volts.

also what is NB voltage?

And yes i do notice laging issues with this overclock but it just started happing the past 2 weeks. Up till now the system has been fine.

Also this past week my onboard NIC died so i have to RMA this motherboard. A couple of the USB ports messed up yesterday but im not sure if that was a random thing or not has not happened since.

Im currently trying to see how low i can get the vcore volts and not have the error come up.
Im using RealBench 2.2 to test, and currently @ 1.36 volts, after 1 minute the CPU is at 85oC, which im guessing is a bad thing.

Looks like the heatsink sucks. I would avoid push-pin heatsinks altogether.

Sounds like it's not better than the V1 I had.

Im not really getting BSOD though, just the WHEA errors that i listed above in the pics.

Nothing like these in the Event logs? (Under the System log)

bugs.PNG

EDIT:Let us know how the H100 does, I'm considering it for future upgrades :)

nope never anything like that.
All ive gotten is
From what i read it means the CPU overclock is unstable.
And most things i read say increase the vcore volts. but that also increases the CPU temp.

For the past 1.5 yrs ive had this mobo/cpu OC @ 4.4 with no issues.

I upgrade the bios about a week ago, since then the onboard NIC failed and some werid things have been happening.
If i OC @ 4.2 1.25 volts i dont get any errors or issues.

But i dont get why i cant OC @ 4.4 anymore.

nope never anything like that.
All ive gotten is
From what i read it means the CPU overclock is unstable.
And most things i read say increase the vcore volts. but that also increases the CPU temp.

For the past 1.5 yrs ive had this mobo/cpu OC @ 4.4 with no issues.

I upgrade the bios about a week ago, since then the onboard NIC failed and some werid things have been happening.
If i OC @ 4.2 1.25 volts i dont get any errors or issues.

But i dont get why i cant OC @ 4.4 anymore.

Flash back to old BIOS?
How come you flashed a new BIOS anyway?

i bought a new video card GTX 760.

With the new card in i could not get into the bios, it would just sit at the bios page for over a minute and eventually boot into windows.

So i upgraded the bios to the latest version, and then it booted in fine. But then i started having all these other issues.

Im just wondering if the event id error #19 is being caused by my CPU volts or should i change the ram volts? from what ive been reading / what worked in the past, i should be able to OC to 4.4 with 1.3 volts on the cpu or lower.

i bought a new video card GTX 760.

With the new card in i could not get into the bios, it would just sit at the bios page for over a minute and eventually boot into windows.

So i upgraded the bios to the latest version, and then it booted in fine. But then i started having all these other issues.

Im just wondering if the event id error #19 is being caused by my CPU volts or should i change the ram volts? from what ive been reading / what worked in the past, i should be able to OC to 4.4 with 1.3 volts on the cpu or lower.

There is a chance that your CPU has degraded slightly, requiring more voltage to keep the OC, or undervolt and downclock until stable.

This doesn't happen at stock voltage and clocks right?

thats right it only happens if i OC @ 4.4 with the volts under 1.38

thats right it only happens if i OC @ 4.4 with the volts under 1.38

Might have to either overvolt a bit more, or choose to reduce the overclock...

Maybe the chip has had enough of running for year with that OC? :shrug:

Back