• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus or asrock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuy

Registered
Which is better: asus m5a97 (rev1) or asrock 970 extreme4?
Both of the mobos have 8 pin power connector, I'm going to be running a fx 8120 on it. This pc is going to be used for gaming so hopfully the 8120 will perform ok. Don't plan on ocing it, I already have both the mobos and cpu. I have plans to sell the 8120 to offset the cost of a 6300 hopfully in a few weeks.

i think we could save you some money or get you better parts for the price your spending if you tell us where your getting these parts and what your budget is...:)

I already owned the asus mobo, I though I had a bad mobo but turned out it just needed cmos cleared :bang head so its been sitting in my closet for over a year. The asrock board came in a pc I impulsed bought. Fx8120, asrock mobo, 4 gbs of ram, corsair cx430, coolmaster heatsink & fan, pc case (looks good too) 40gb hd and low end video card for $100 couldn't help my self. Im building a pc with parts I already have. 1tb hdd, gtx460 and the list from above.

Last edited:
so from what i understand, you already have the parts, you just want us to tell you which board to use?

if i were you, go for the asrock board. i have not had good luck with asus boards in the past...

anyone else?

Yea for now I'm looking for opinions on which of the two mobos is better. This is my other budget comp so my wify & I can game together. Mostly bf3 & 4 at the moment.

IF you do NOT overclock at all...might give a very very slight edge to the Asrock board. Neither of those boards are much good if you need to push a 6 core or an 8 core processor.
RGone...

Back