• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Accelero Hybrid II - 120, experiences?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow. Totally missed the move of AIOs going to GPUs. Say goodbye to 3k+ screaming GPU fans? lol

Yeah, I personally haven't seen any reviews or benchmarks on those coolers as of yet.

Haha, yeah I really want to shut up my 780. It gets kinda loud at 60-70% fan speed :p

Oh if you think thats loud try a GTX 480 (Fermi) or even 2 in SLI. :D

Haha, yeah I really want to shut up my 780. It gets kinda loud at 60-70% fan speed :p

I have the same card and it regularly runs up to 98% fan speed. The noise is quieter for me, because I had much higher speed fans attached to my 6970 and needed them to keep the temp below ~71 degrees celsius where it would lockup at its overclocked settings.

"The Accelero Hybrid II 120 comes pre-filled, and never needs a refilling again." How did the Arctic Cooling engineers manage to pull this off? Doesn't the coolant need to be drained and re-filled periodically?
So is the price ~$130 good for an AIO GPU liquid cooling solution?

"The Accelero Hybrid II 120 comes pre-filled, and never needs a refilling again." How did the Arctic Cooling engineers manage to pull this off? Doesn't the coolant need to be drained and re-filled periodically?
So is the price ~$130 good for an AIO GPU liquid cooling solution?

Its the same as a AIO CPU cooler with a bracket for the GPU. It's not custom water cooling you're thinking of.

the hybrid II has been released only a few months/weeks ago. And from what i've seen it's not as good as the hybrid I. There just aren't enough reviews & users around yet.
see here

For compatibility: check you card in EK's coolingconfigurator/ , if there is no full cover block, then your card isn't Reference and the Hybrid II might not fit.

In that case, you are probably better off with a NZXT Kraken X40 or X60 and their G10 bracket http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

I think you might be better off with the NZXT solution anyways... However at some point -if your card is reference- it might just be better to get a full cover block & a swiftech H220/320 or the like.

the hybrid II has been released only a few months/weeks ago. And from what i've seen it's not as good as the hybrid I. There just aren't enough reviews & users around yet.
see here

For compatibility: check you card in EK's coolingconfigurator/ , if there is no full cover block, then your card isn't Reference and the Hybrid II might not fit.

In that case, you are probably better off with a NZXT Kraken X40 or X60 and their G10 bracket http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/138-kraken-g10-gpu-bracket.html

I think you might be better off with the NZXT solution anyways... However at some point -if your card is reference- it might just be better to get a full cover block & a swiftech H220/320 or the like.

Good tip, thank you! :) My card is reference design :)

EDIT:

About the full cover block alternatives: The temperatures I have seen are more than good enough for my use. The amount of work it takes to install this seems minimal, I dont think the price is too steep (135 usd in Norway), and it includes a vram cooling solution. If it can shave 30 deg C of my max temps then I think I will go for it. I considered the Kraken G10, but the need to glue heatsinks on the vram didn't appeal to me.

Last edited:
Also, I checked the prices for a full block.. I think they are insane! 26 € for the backplate alone? What is so special about this plate?

yeah well, full blocks are mostly milled out of a solid chunk of copper... they tend to be heavy. They also need some serious clamping/tightening. Backplates prevent/minimise warping of the PCB. And they add "looks" , i've always found the Watercool Heatkiller blocks & backplates rather good looking. :)
http://www.aquatuning.no/index.php/cPath/21_121_211

Then there is also the "advanced" line for Titans & R290 like the kryographics Hawaii from Aquacomputer http://www.aquatuning.no/product_in...yographics-Hawaii-R9-290X-290--aktiv-XCS.html

eh, nobody said that watercooling is cheap :)

Well.. at 135 usd I would say that the hybrid is a cheap watercooling alternative, since it is a complete solution.

Update: I went for the Kraken G10 and a H75 cooler for it since I got a good deal on it. So far it is great, gpu temps are way down and I'm waiting for a IR thermometer so I can measure the temps on the other components on the card.

Back