• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My overclock results (so far)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lummoxx

Been working my overclock up over the last 2 days, and here are my numbers so far:

7.5x133 (1006 MHz) - STABLE
Temp @ Load = 44c
3dMark2001 = 2532

8.0x133 (1074 MHz) - STABLE
Temp @ Load = 46c
3dMark2001 = 2572

8.5x133 (1141 MHz) - Still Testing
Temp @ Load = 41c (current temp; room is cold, at the moment)
3dMark2001 = 2580

Looped 3dMark for about 4 hours last night, no crashes, at 8.0x. Using Folding@Home to max the CPU (team 32, right? :D ), and 3dMark to judge performance gains.

I'm nowhere near complete, but thought I'd share. My sig is no longer accurate! :beer:

You should run the prime95 torture test for a few hours with out any errors to make sure that its totally stable

Cooling is a lapped Globalwin WBK-38.

Isn't the folding@home good enough? I mean, it's running it at a constant 100%, I can see that because Task Manager is up.

Still at 1141 MHz, still running, still stable. This evening, when the room is the warmest, I'll update the temp for this setup, and then launch the 3dMark2001 in loop mode for a few hours.

As long as your cpu usage is at 100% then the program you use shouldn't matter for testing. By the way, just because your computer runs 3dmark2001 doesn't mean its perfectly stable, I would recommend running prime95 to see if any errors pop up.

i think looping 3dm also stresses the cards on the higher
pci bus due to the higher FSB. i think id be safe and do both.
looks good :p

Starfox said:
i think looping 3dm also stresses the cards on the higher
pci bus due to the higher FSB. i think id be safe and do both.
looks good :p

Me too. I have on several occasions had it pass prime 95 but it won't loop 3dmark....this means my prime 95 is useless I just run programs that use the cpu and not the whole.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I'll download Prime95, and run it as well, then.

Temp update: room is much warmer, and CPU temp is currently 46c. I'm expecting a gain of another 2c to 4c...hopefully 2. :)

I'm planning on staying at this OC, for now. If this proves stable, I'm going to redo my thermal connection. Reading another thread, I think I put the Arctic Alumnia on a little thick, for a lapped HS.

Prime95 is mad torture.. When I hit 172 out of luck, I could run Seti for maybe an hour then it would auto reboot me, but THE SECOND I pressed torture tested, it just like crashed my comp so bad!

Try Torture Testing... D:

Yodums

Yodums said:
Prime95 is mad torture.. When I hit 172 out of luck, I could run Seti for maybe an hour then it would auto reboot me, but THE SECOND I pressed torture tested, it just like crashed my comp so bad!

Try Torture Testing... D:

Yodums

Torture will definately bet the cpu up, that is for sure.

i recommend:
run Burnbx.exe /h and set it to Priority idle (with Prcview.exe).
and run 3DMark2001 endless Loop. :burn:
Burnbx heating more as Prime95 :mad: (and stresses PSU)
on my System:
Prime95 run for houres and 3DMark crushes in 1. Loop. :eek:

Last edited:
Temp Update

Ran 3dmark2001 for a while. Downloaded prime95, but haven't run it yet...heh.

Folding has been running again for the last few hours.

The temperature in the room is higher than this morning, but isn't hot.

Current temp under load is 45c :)

I'll prime it tomorrow night, and if it remains stable, I'm going to change my sig tuesday night. :beer:

overclock

I think an FSB overclock would improve your 3dmark score more than a multiplyer overclock. Like 8x140 or 8x141 would be about the same as 8.5x133. I don't know, I'm not folding or running seti, but I always thought an FSB overclock was better because it speeds up memory, agp, pci, etc.

Final update for this thread. I'm happy with this overclock, and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future.

Next is the vid card overclock, but that's for the other forum. :)

See sig for final stats!

Thanks for all the great advice! :beer:

Back