• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nixeus Vue 27 vs Vue 27D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

So I've been looking at these monitors, and for 400 to 450 they seem to be a great deal for a 1440p H-IPS monitor.

My only problem is choosing between the Vue 27 and the Vue 27D

http://www.nixeus.com/?page_id=29

As far as I can tell from the above page, the Vue 27D has a different non-glossy bezel but only has display port inputs. The Vue 27D has display port, HDMI, and DVI, and also seems to list 1500 contrast ratio vs 1000 contrast on the Vue 27D. The Vue 27 also seems to have built in speakers.

My questions is, do you think it's worth giving up HDMI and DVI for 50$ less? The only situation where I would use HDMI is if I wanted to hook up my PS3.

What are everyone's thoughts on these monitors?

EDIT: Ok so the Vue 27 has a 3.5mm input, but no output. I would have used it for headphones if I were playing my PS3. So I don't think I would need DVI or HDMI. Looks like I'm going to get the Vue 27D.

Last edited:
Back