• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P Failed overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RubyBeats

Registered
I need some help with overclocking my system.
Everytime i set my multiplier to 20 and restart my system my second BIOS kicks in what means that the overclock failed right ?
Windows gives me the right overclocked GHz though :-/

So my question was: What is the right way to overclock my FX 8320 with this MB ? :chair:
What settings needs to be enabled and or disabled ?

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
Corsair Builder Series CX750
Gigabyte GTX 550 TI Windforce
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
ST1000DM003

In my signature is a link on how to overclock your processor (bulldozer). Check that out so you can have an understanding of what you are doing while you wait for the AMD experts to chime in. :)

Does the board seem to do a double post but as you say still starts with the right settings? There's another thread on here about this same board and posting , give me a few and I'll look for it.

K , I found it here's a quote
Well I've just 100% solved it, prime 95 tested it for over an hour whilst watching GoT heh, not a single issue. Boots up first time as well. I enabled the 'Core Performance Boost' like last time, except I was reading up on the other options and came across 'HPC Mode' and realised what it does (not going to bother explaining it since you will no doubt know what it does better than me). Anyway, methodically I thought it might be worth a shot enabling it with the mind it might counter balance the issues I had with CPB turned on alone. Sure enough it does. Last time I consistently failed Prime95 within 20 minutes no matter what clock speed or voltages, this time I kept my normal OC of 4.6ghz and 1.4v (I also have a slight PLL increase) and it's perfect.

The whole thread is here if you want a read through http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746449&page=2

So it seems that by enabling HPC mode and Core performance boost it also would boot straight up without the hiccup.

Last edited:
Does the board seem to do a double post but as you say still starts with the right settings? There's another thread on here about this same board and posting , give me a few and I'll look for it.

K , I found it here's a quote

The whole thread is here if you want a read through http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746449&page=2

So it seems that by enabling HPC mode and Core performance boost it also would boot straight up without the hiccup.

:shock: YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE HERO OF THE DECADE :salute: HPC mode did the trick :thup:

That's what we're here for, spreading the knowledge.

Someone else ( RGone) did all the work on that I just relayed it.

Yes and maybe but you remembered and found the link and I am a sucker for hanging in there. PLUS " Bellcheese " hung in there as well with his board doing the changes and REported them back into the forum or we would have had no clue that HPC fixed the problem of dual booting. So big hats off to user Bellcheese.:thup:
RGone...ster.

Back