• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need feedback on my PC build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

Okay so after FINALLY getting a definite computer build picked out, i thought i could use some feedback. here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3340 Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: AVEXIR Core Series (Yellow LED) 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Module

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support

PSU: EVGA 500 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 500W Active PFC ATX12V v2.31/EPS 12V v2.91 3 Year Warranty 100-B1-0500-KR Power Supply

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case Black

HDD: 1x 320GB 1x 500GB

this will be used for playing minecraft, screen recording, internet, and other console emulators. good enough? overkill? i'll also be trying to play dolphin gamecube emulator. if anyone has any advice please feel free to give it

Look at the Haswell refresh and H97 motherboard.
You don't need a Z board with a locked CPU.

Why buy a socket that's already EOL?

Looks decent to me, but I have to ask, do you have a budget you want to stay within? We may be able to help further.

$500 is the budget and haswell would make me have to downgrade to an i3 and i don't want to do that. i need an i5 for dolphin, according to one of the support people. an i3 will lag horribly. and the Z75 board will only be $45 because i get a $20 coupon since that EVGA PSU already arrived at my house and fried my old PC. so i RMA'd it for a new one

Back