• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I install these options from MB Driver Disk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Val155

Just purchased and installed the Asus Z97-A MB. I will be going out and buying windows 8.1 soon, but in the mean time, should I install these other options that are included on the Asus Driver CD? I only use my PC to internet, email and MMO Game.

Attachments

• option 1.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • option 2.bmp
    1.3 MB · Views: 111
Its software, its optional. If you are going to use the features the software has, install it, if not, don't.

DRIVERS (mostly) are mandatory. UTILITIES are just that... utilities and are optional.

my rule of thumb is if i don't know what the options mean then i don't install them. but im sure no harm to install them all.

that said Ai charger is a good one. helps charge usb devices faster and may enable charging while computer is off. adobe reader is harmless and im sure windows 8.1 already comes with zip software.

the rest are nice if you know how to take advantage of them.

There's a newer Adobe version out, XI, which you can get from their site. Probably the same with any utilities on that disk. Why load them twice?

Back