• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PAL fan question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DnnsManace

Registered
My fan is currently blowing into the heatsink. I know its supposed to suck... So, to change the airflow, I would just flip the fan right? Or is there some other way?

Thanks!

To reverse the airflow you simply reverse the fan!

However every case setup is different and as such will yield different results.
So experiment and see which your rig favours.

M_N:)

Ok, I flipped... Not much difference here. It was at load: CPU: 42 Case: 31. Now: CPU: 42 Case:29-30. Well, I guess thats a little better... Looks like its time to get some more powerful fans then these stock ones... Recommend anything? Also, its the Enermax case thats like the Antec and Chieftecs... You know? So, Im looking for some more powerful, but quite fans... The CPU fan is a 4000k Delta at 46CFM...

I have the Chieftec/Antec case (see attached).

For a quiet rig I would simply fill up your 80MM fan slots with 35/40CFM fans, or you could cut a hole for a silent 120MM that pushes over 100CFM.

This is rather simple as the Antec case's front cover doesn't show the exposed hole you've just drilled.

Have a look at my Cooling-The Definitive guide thread for more help and advice.

M_N

Back