• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780 6gb vs 780ti 3gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timesavage

Hey Group,

I was thinking of an upgrade. With the arrival of Watch dogs, the extreme settings demand more than 2gb. That being said, I know all the comparisons between the two cards, but what do you guys think is better... a faster card for fps, or 6gb for more headroom. Thanks

That would be the way to go, but the 780 6gb is $100 cheaper than the cheapest 780ti, is the ti worth that extra hundred with half the gb

I haven't seen a resolution mentioned...that's important tic actuay answer the question. ;)

For 1080p 3gb is fine...

I would roll with the 290x for high res AKA 4K and max eye candy

still think 3gb can push 2560 x 1440

As I said in another thread though, I believe you need to bring two to really maximize a 4K and 5760x1080 set up and have options to upscale

I was going for the gtx780 6gb for $666 delivered in 3 weeks from Amazon but I don't have a good enough monitor for it yet. Went with the gtx780 hydro copper instead. I believe the 6gb won't work with reference water blocks, at least I hope not lol.

Back