• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 760 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moonzta

Registered
Im having a problem with my Palit GTX 760 where all my settings run proper, but my power usage is capped at 48% (+ or - a few %) and my core clock is capped at 536mhz, does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix this?

-thanks

GPUz shows your card is running at 1010MHz, as intended.
What were you using to see this 536MHz number?

i looked at msi after burner while playing a game and the max core clock reched while playing was only 536 (i checked because i had constant fps drops etc.)

I'm assuming the issue persists whether Afterburner is installed or not.

Go into Afterburner, go to settings, and enable voltage control then force constant voltage (two check boxes).

sorry about the white space, but thats what afterburner shows when i go into a game, (i changed the settings like you said) but it still locks there

Attachments

• msi.png
    msi.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 186
I installed the new driver and my core clock goes to the bade, but doesnt go anything over the base of 980 and keeps dropping to 300-700, when i play games its not being allowed the full power (power usage hitting just above 50%)

Can you try running Unigine Heaven and see if the result is the same as in-game?

Alright, that points to the issue being the game, not the GPU.

What game have you been referring to?

i checked on black ops 2 , modern warfare 3 and madern warfare 2 and they both cap at 980 (if the clock at at there) and when it itsnt at 980 the power usage drops aswell

Last edited:
Payday2 i get the full clocks again with 80% power, so maybe something with the cod games specifically?

My thought exactly.

Can you back up your saves for one of the COD games and re-download and re-install it?
Just to see if a reinstall of that game helps.

Hopefully it works for you :)
Please update me if it does, this is the first time I've seen this issue so it'll be good to know the fix.

Back