• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer Motherboard and T31 Urban, help?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Al-Dazllez

Registered
Hi all!
as my first post I hope im not being to minimal with my details,and after thorough searching i still have no answer;
So in short, I am planning to build a PC soon, but I have come upon a stump.
I am trying to fit a ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer Motherboard into a Thermaltake T31 Urban case. Now the problem arises here; the motherboard apparently measures in at 12"x 8.8" as according to here (just above the pic):

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-Fatal1ty-FM2A88X+-Killer-Motherboard/1840

my case can fit 12"x9.6" as according to here:

http://www.thermaltake.com.au/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00002143

I am really lost and that is due to the fact that the case specs say that it can hold an ATX motherboard, and that is the form factor of my motherboard, but the measurements differ.
Will it fit?
(sorry for noobiness in advance by the way)
PS im planning to place an A10 6800k, hope its on par with an 7850k :p, but as a noob im budgeting
Thanks in advance!

Welcome Al-Dazllez!

That motherboard should have no issues fitting in that case. That case is designed to fit multiple form factors(including ATX). The most you will have to do is relocate some of the mounting stand-offs.

Assuming this is a gaming build you should be fine, though more games are being designed to be CPU intensive. If the 7850K is out of budget then the 6800k will have to be adequate. You should also post a build Q&A to make sure you're getting the best build for your $.

Best of luck!

Thanks!, but after revision, i think going with an MSI AMD gaming ATX motherboard might suit me better,
although i might use that mbaord in that same case for myself later on, on different build a :)
but can you please tell me where to psot the Build Q&A?
(im in Australia btw, and the build is actually me helping a friend do his first custom pc, so budget and custom, bust prices can be expensive as we are in Australia :p)
thanks in advance

Al-Dazllez, welcome the the forum.
As far as build Q & A just post it in the General Hardware section, unless you are 100% sure you're going with an AMD build. If so just put it in the AMD cpu section.
Be very specific with your intentions, I know you say gaming but include what screen resolution you plan on playing at.
Do you plan on overclocking it.
Do you need an OS
Specific games you plan on playing?
Most important your budget.
If you link websites in Australia we can also use them to help pick out a build for you.

Back