• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThinkCentre M57e and Pentium 521

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alice

So I have a ThinkCentre M57e (POS), that I was allowed to take from Blockbuster on my last day of work. I transferred it to a normal ATX case with a better PSU, more ram, and a Geforce 6800 pcie. Trouble is, the processor sucks. It's a Celeron 430. I have a couple spare CPUs, the best of which being a Pentium 521. It has the same FSB (800), but it just won't work with this mobo. The specs say it supports much better processors like the E8400:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_TH/down...DocID=PD000505

Why the hell doesn't the Pentium 521 work? I just get a black screen and the power button doesn't work. I know this is a stupid question, and I know that both of these processors (and the mobo) are crap, but does anyone know why this is?

On a side note, I broke the stupid plastic HSF bracket and had to go to Fry's for a replacement (all metal). God I hate plastic.

EDIT: This content has been edited for content.

Last edited:
The P4 521 isn't supported by the G31 chipset. The G31 supports Allendale, Conroe, Conroe-L, Kentsfield, and Wolfdale... not the Prescott core of the P4 521.

Back