• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP w/ FOLDING@HOME pleaseee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soren

every time I try and run it it locks my machine up?

any ideas on how to solve it?

edit: by the way this is for the non-graphical version. I've tried both.

Are you running the text console or the GUI version? THere are some problems with the GUI version that can cause crashes. It's usually fixed by reinstalling or by downloading the latest video drivers because of openGL problems.

The text console should not crash however. If it does then something else is wrong.

Well does it lockup as soon as you run it or some time later?
What OS are you using?
Have you tried stoping all other backgroud apps to see if something is conflicting?

Just some things that might help and help us to help you

I'm using windows 2k.

it crashes when i run it, and i run it with nothing else going.. this is really weird.

Immediately???

Have you run anything else that maxes out your cpu, like that prime number program - I forget what it's called.

I would look at hardware win2k's protected mode should prevent the system from crashing. Have you looked at your voltages on you MB under heavy load?

Soren said:
I'm using windows 2k.

it crashes when i run it, and i run it with nothing else going.. this is really weird.

I'm running it (console 2.19) perfectly stable on win2k

What kind of temps are you getting before you run it and at load if you can? What kind of heatsink and thermal compound? Can you play games without it crashing?

everything else works, prime95 works.. cpu temps are fine, nothing irregular. no reason why it shouldn't work.

very baffled.

Back