• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Calamt

Planning to upgrade CPU to I7 4770k or I5 4670k from 8350 8 core.

Will I notice any fps difference?

Had 8350 for a while and most cpu intensive games are running like garbage.

Current specs:

Processor: AMD FX8350
Mobo: M5A99X EVO
RAM 2x 4GB 1600Mhz Hyperx Blu
GPU: EVGA SC 780 6GB
PSU: Corsair CX750w
Case: 750d
Watercooling: H80i

Think its just a waste of money?

Last edited:
Yes, the difference should be noticeable in CPU intensive games because the per core performance of Intel CPUs in the same performance class is considerably better. Games seem to really benefit from good per core performance and not so much from heavy multi-core architecture.

Yes, the difference should be noticeable in CPU intensive games because the per core performance of Intel CPUs in the same performance class is considerably better. Games seem to really benefit from good per core performance and not so much from heavy multi-core architecture.

Thanks for reply,

what do you think is worth getting 4670k or 4770k not really much difference in price probably be able to get them both to around 4.1-4.3ghz what do you recommend?

Planning to upgrade CPU to I7 4770k or I5 4670k from 8350 8 core.

Will I notice any fps difference?

Had 8350 for a while and most cpu intensive games are running like garbage.

Current specs:

Processor: AMD FX8350
Mobo: M5A99X EVO
RAM 2x 4GB 1600Mhz Hyperx Blu
GPU: EVGA SC 780 6GB
PSU: Corsair CX750w
Case: 750d
Watercooling: H80i

Think its just a waste of money?
It depends on the game/res/settings honestly... but for the most part, there is no way I would swap to a 4770k from an 8350.

For example..http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/page6.html

What games are running like garbage?

Yes, ED but I think BF may be an exception in that it uses the extra cores of the FX 8xxx CPUs to good advantage.

What games are "running like garbage"...?

Right now, on 1080p, Im maxing every game on every setting basically. If you're having issues, its probably coming from elsewhere. In some cases (Titanfall) I have to turn down/off AA... thats it..

For what you have, yes, I think you're wasting money, because the cost per dollar performance upgrade just isn't there. What resolutions are you playing?

finally this place needs to come to some sort of conclusion. Half of the time the concensus is "ITS GPU thats the priority"... the other half of the time its "intel's greater performance will yield you better per core performance"... He's running a gtx 780 and 8350 for crying out loud, theres NO GAME OUT that should be doing anything to his system.

The op's problems, if any, lie elsewhere.

It's a modern, and up to date rig.

He's probably having issues with ARMA 3. If thats the case, he needs to raise sampling and that would probably fix his issues. ARMA 3 is horribly unoptimized for any machine, no matter what CPU you have. Intel's are faring better though.

Back