• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FinalStageBoss

Budget is about 250 bucks, I know its not much, but what's the best I can do with that?

My build looks like this:

i7 4790k
Asrock z97 extreme4
Seasonic 660w PSU
16gb ram
SSD
HDD

What are you doing? I assume gaming?
What monitor(s) are you gaming on?

(If you're just gaming and haven't built the PC yet, you can save some cash by dropping to 2x4GB of RAM, you won't notice a difference for gaming. This could net you a better GPU.)

What are you doing? I assume gaming?
What monitor(s) are you gaming on?

(If you're just gaming and haven't built the PC yet, you can save some cash by dropping to 2x4GB of RAM, you won't notice a difference for gaming)

Yeah, gaming, and some photoshop work. Im currently using a 24" Asus monitor, I believe its the ve248h.

I already put it together. I was gifted the parts, I just need to add a video card :). I might be able to push my budget to 300$, maybe lol.

Quick answer: Grab an EVGA GTX 760 ACX and call it a day.

Long answer: If you don't mind buying used, look around for a GTX 770, R9 280X, or R9 290.
This can be hit/miss, but most of the time you net a killer deal. I would just double check that the AMD cards haven't been mined with.

spot on atminside, I run 2 gig, gigabyte 760's in sli and i love the things, a single 770 will out gun me.

You can pick up an R9 280X for about $260 these days (+ tax/shipping). It's a better card. Unless your programs use CUDA you're better off with the 280X.

You can pick up an R9 280X for about $260 these days (+ tax/shipping). It's a better card. Unless your programs use CUDA you're better off with the 280X.

Good point, Photoshop does use CUDA.

Back