• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

latest AMD bios update for Asus M5A88-V EVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stealth3si

the new BIOS update is giving me instability issues with my old OC settings, should i continue increasing vcore and cpu/nb voltage to stabilize the system or go back to old BIOS version? The new vcore CPU/NB voltages seems a little too high to me but I don't know if this is normal. Example:

Before the new BIOS update when it was 24/7 OC stable:
vcore offset voltage was 1.225v + 0.143750 and CPU/NB offset voltage was 1.125 + 0.243750

now after the new BIOS update it's relatively unstable:
vcore offset voltage is 1.415v + 0.193750 and CPU/NB offset voltage is 1.406 + 0.281250.

Overtime most of us that 'steadily' persue overclocking as a hobby and thus are always around our systems; have learned to see if a bios is even hinted to fix an issue we have and if we have no issues and nothing at all about the newer bios hints at a fix...we leave the new bios alone.

In your situation if you 'needed' the newer bios then add the necessary voltage. If you did not have anything to be fixed...get back to the old bios if you like it's lower votlages.

The two things I certainly never fall for when looking at what the newer bios claims to do is increase stability and increase memory compatibility.
1. Stable is already stable.
2. My memory already works and do not need inceased memory compatibility.
RGone...

Back