• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Air flow advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Case is a 900D. 3x 120mm fans in the front pulling air in. Will be installing a 480 rad in the bottom and a 360 in the top. 4x 120mm fans on the 480 and 3x 120mm fans on the 360. A single 140mm fans pushing air out the rear. Need advice on how to setup the rad fans. Each rad will have it's own pump.

Front/bottom intake, rear/top exhaust.
It'll give you a bit of positive pressure which, with use of intake filters, will reduce dust in the case.

Lots of raddage Pops ! :attn:

I'd have all the rad fans exhausting; that's a lot of heat to want any of it being blown into the case. Other fans in the case would become intake. Will the case be off the floor? With that much raddage in the bottom of the case you'll want plenty of clearance for the hot air to move away from the case.

This is my take on it anyway.:cool:

This case has a bottom compartment with vented doors on both sides. So bottom rad pushes or pulls from the side of bottom of case not from underneath case.

Attachments

• Corsair_Obsidian_900D_20.jpg
    Corsair_Obsidian_900D_20.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 98
Front/bottom intake, rear/top exhaust.
It'll give you a bit of positive pressure which, with use of intake filters, will reduce dust in the case.

Thanks for reply. Positive pressure is my goal.

From what I see in that pic I'd still exhaust the lower rad out of the case. If you populate the front and back of the case with intake fans at higher RPMs/airflow you'd probably achieve your positive pressure goal.

Hey hard. Nice case choice. :D

My 900D setup as follows:

Both bottom, front and top as intake. They are all filtered by default. I than use the back + rear fan as a exhaust since its a fairly tall open unfiltered area. Going exhaust on the filters will only add resistance and circulate some warm air back into the case or bounce of the filter if you will unless you remove the filter. My case is BARELY dusty inside. Very little will accumulate over time. I love my pressure setup. The case by design was build exactly for that purpose.

Both bottom, front and top as intake. They are all filtered by default. I than use the back + rear fan as a exhaust since its a fairly tall open unfiltered area. Going exhaust on the filters will only add resistance and circulate some warm air back into the case or bounce of the filter if you will unless you remove the filter. My case is BARELY dusty inside. Very little will accumulate over time. I love my pressure setup. The case by design was build exactly for that purpose.

This does make sense when taking into account the unfiltered area all along the back of case and the single 140mm exhaust fan. I do have concern about the amount of heat being pumped into case.

So it will be.:thup:

With the airflow of 10x 120mm fans that won't be an issue.

Thanks.:thup:

Lots of raddage Pops ! :attn:

I'd have all the rad fans exhausting; that's a lot of heat to want any of it being blown into the case. Other fans in the case would become intake. Will the case be off the floor? With that much raddage in the bottom of the case you'll want plenty of clearance for the hot air to move away from the case.

This is my take on it anyway.:cool:

+1 if getting the best temps is your goal as opposed to dust issues.

+1 if getting the best temps is your goal as opposed to dust issues.

Not overly concerned about cooling as I will have a 360 rad on 4930k and a 480 rad on the 290x Lightning.:thup:

This does make sense when taking into account the unfiltered area all along the back of case and the single 140mm exhaust fan. I do have concern about the amount of heat being pumped into case.

So it will be.:thup:

:salute:

With the airflow of 10x 120mm fans that won't be an issue.

Exactly. :thup:

I use this fan to give me a rough estimate of the case temp while exiting the case. Unfortunately they seem to be discontinued everywhere.

Back