• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot enter BIOS with Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vladv

I've got this legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LANParty UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic parts from both sides , bought this baby really cheap ~ 55 $ from well known Romanian e-bay-like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core processor ( yeah , the most powerful unlocked socket 939 era processor! ) and some cheap KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig.Here is my problem now:I know this board is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me and the onboard speaker beeps only ONCE which I know is a good thing but after that I cannot enter BIOS to setup things as I need because Del key on my PS2 ( and I tried with USB keyboard , too ) keyboard is NOT working as it should do I press that key and the result is 0 nada nothing , first I see the boot logo from DFI after that I see these error messages "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press F1 sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to select HDD,CD-ROM or some other options like floppy disk or USB stick boot and the motherboard can actually boot using CD/DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem there actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST screen so it cannot be defective or fryed and neither the mobo, please help me solve this little problem with my mobo.

Last edited:
Change the battery and follow these directions.

Attachments

• DFI CMOS clear.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
New don't mean crap. Put a DMM on it. If it doesn't read over 3.0v, find one that does.
Follow the guide I attached....to the letter.

Last edited:
Mr.Scott , I just tested the battery with D M M as you said = 3,1V.

That guide is from DFI Street. It's the ONLY way to properly do a long CMOS clear on DFI boards.
If that doesn't solve your problem you'll need to re-flash your bios, as you have some corruption working there.
No guaranty that there isn't board damage someplace causing it though, but it's a starting point.

Yeah I cannot remember if I wrote that or myself and BigMike from the Gulf Coast. Had not seen it in years. Wow. Sounds like a DOS bios flash coming on for sure.
RGone...

Yeah I cannot remember if I wrote that or myself and BigMike from the Gulf Coast. Had not seen it in years. Wow. Sounds like a DOS bios flash coming on for sure.
RGone...

Haven't seen BigMike on any forum in years.
You were an icon at DFIS. We have history there. You might not remember, but I do. :)

Haven't seen BigMike on any forum in years.
You were an icon at DFIS. We have history there. You might not remember, but I do. :)
Yes I remember you by name sir.

Last I heard Mike was moving and his real computer work had gotten very big and time consuming. But that has been a few years now.
RGone...:)

Anybody still has the official BIOS versions archived somewhere because the official DFI support for LanParty mobos line is gone , and I cannot find those files from other reliable source....!?

Gotta give Scotty big thanks for the bios list. Tech Tweaker should take advantage of this, hopefully he sees it!

Just for future reference, the bios's stored at CP are not all that I have. I've just been lazy about updating.:p
Anybody can PM me at any time for bios's, for most any older platform, modded or otherwise. If I have one, you can get it. ;)

Just for future reference, the bios's stored at CP are not all that I have. I've just been lazy about updating.:p
Anybody can PM me at any time for bios's, for most any older platform, modded or otherwise. If I have one, you can get it. ;)

I can confirm the modded bios's are just great for overclocking and stability. Those that DONT PM scotty are just loosing out period.

:thup:

What are the best modded BIOS bin's for DFI nF4 LP UT SLI-DR Expert mobo , if I may ask ( sorry but I'm not a computer guru like most OC forum members...yet )?And can I flash my mobo using MS-DOS bootable memory stick it's safe to do it?

I don't even think bioses for that board even exist anymore. DFI went out of business years ago, and all the support is long gone.

Maybe here .

BE ADVISED! Flash at your own risk as there is no support if something goes bad and you brick your board!

What are the best modded BIOS bin's for DFI nF4 LP UT SLI-DR Expert mobo , if I may ask ( sorry but I'm not a computer guru like most OC forum members...yet )?And can I flash my mobo using MS-DOS bootable memory stick it's safe to do it?

The best bioss are at classicplatforms.com. inquire with mr.scott. you can flash the bios right from windows with a program called winflash. Scott can help you with all of that.

I don't even think bioses for that board even exist anymore. DFI went out of business years ago, and all the support is long gone.

Maybe here .

BE ADVISED! Flash at your own risk as there is no support if something goes bad and you brick your board!

The download site for DFI's drivers, manuals, and BIOS files still exists. It's still being hosted by DFI themselves, though I'm not sure they know it's still up and running. It's just very difficult to find, as there are no links to the site from their main pages.

link to main download site: http://www.dfi.com/DFI-Lanparty/

direct link to SLI-DR Expert bios downloads: http://www.dfi.com/DFI-Lanparty/sup...?showselectvalue=10LP_UT&selectBiosItemId=479

Actually, DFI is still in business. They're still making industrial/server motherboards and server PC's. Just they got out of the enthusiast market in ~2009.

Gotta give Scotty big thanks for the bios list. Tech Tweaker should take advantage of this, hopefully he sees it!

I see it now, I'm just a little late finding this thread. ;)

I'll look into it. Might need to PM Mr. Scott to find out which bios on the site is which version (version it was originally based on), as I notice you fellas are using your own naming scheme over there.

Last edited:
Back