• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orcinize

I have a GA-8904fxa-ud5 I cant get into the bios settings the system freezes when i hit the del key I tryed flashing the bios and same thing im stumped can someone give me a hand thx

Have you ever booted this motherboard successfully?

When I am not sure on which key, I will boot, and try the typical "ESC" "F2" "F8" "F9" "F10" "F12" "DEL" keys. But if it freezes, it does not sound like it is an issues of which key to press.

If this is a new build, and you have never gotten it to boot, I would say to reset the ram and if that does not work - it is probably an issue with the CPU (bent pins).

no no no the computer works fine i just cant get in to the setup to change some settings i get a bsod w a flasing line.

no no no the computer works fine i just cant get in to the setup to change some settings i get a bsod w a flasing line.

First, check your cooling apparatus, be sure it's a snug fit and the fans are working.

If cooling is good, start pulling hardware to the bare minimum. No HDs, No DVD drives, pull any PCI cards like sound card or w/e and all but one stick of Ram in Slot A1.

See if it goes into bios then.

Try a PS2 keyboard since there is a PS2 port on the mobo.

I too would remove the ram to one stick and test. Again I ask have you cleared the CMOS with the power supply disconnected from the wall outlet?
RGone...

Pop out the battery if you can't reach the jumpers and turn off the PSU switch (or unplug as suggested above). Wait a few mins and that'll clear it

Back