• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte f2a55m-s1 - Video display issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechtonicPC

Member, formerly Surfrat
I just put together a build for a small office using the gigabyte f2a55m-s1 and an AMD APU.

Everything was fine but now a few hour later the display in windows 7 has gone to a quarter of the size in the top right hand portion of the monitor, with the rest black. turning off and on a few times fixes it, but a couple hours later it goes right back to the quarter screen.

Any ideas? Possible bad motherboard? I've been searching for similar problem with no luck.

The cable works on the old computer just fine, so I am assuming the VGA cable is fine.

Haven't checked for driver update yet...

The cable works on the old computer just fine, so I am assuming the VGA cable is fine.

Haven't checked for driver update yet...

Definitely check for a driver update if you're still using the one built in to Windows.
You can get it here

I used the driver off the disk that came with mobo. It appears current. Not sure if the bios is current so I will look at that.

If possible use a digital cable as well. Like DVI or HDMI

OK you checked the driver, what about CCC? They use that for the APUs right? Almost sounds like some bad overscan/alignment setting.

Hey guys. I updated the bios and uninstalled and re-installed the driver. Seems to have fixed the issue! Thanks all for the tips.

Back