• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Upgrading Win 7 OS SSD Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quintr

Registered
I have a computer I built mainly for photo/video processing with the following configuration:

OS - Crucial M4-CT128 M4SSD2
2- Western Dig. WD2002FAEX-007BA0 in mirror array for storage
1- Western Dig. WD2002FAEX-007BA0 for misc applications
1-Crucial M4-CT128 M4SSD2 for Adobe scratch disc.

Question: I have been having issues with IE 11 and Outlook. My scans show no virus or malware. I have been wanting to upgrade my OS SSD to a 480 gig, so I have decided to do that now and reload Win 7. Do I need to disconnect all other drives from the mono when I install the new drive and load it, or can I leave all connected and load up the new drive?

Thanks for any advice to an old man having fun with photography and computers!

Correction: mono should be mono

Last edited by a moderator:
I disconnect all other drives to make sure the MBR ends up on the same drive as the OS :thup:

I was leaning that way. Dummy ?= What does MBR mean? Mother board something?

I was leaning that way. Dummy ?= What does MBR mean? Mother board something?

MBR is Master Boot Record.
It comes into play more when you have multiple installations, as it manages the OS saying "boot this one".

If you install with multiple drives connected though sometimes Windows likes to toss it somewhere besides the installation drive.

Question: I have been having issues with IE 11 and Outlook. My scans show no virus or malware. I have been wanting to upgrade my OS SSD to a 480 gig, so I have decided to do that now and reload Win 7. Do I need to disconnect all other drives from the mono when I install the new drive and load it, or can I leave all connected and load up the new drive?
Correction: mono should be mono

All I want to say is UR being smart for asking that Question I have mad that mistake several times in the past

:)

Back