• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible 3 different screen w/ or without sli on crossfire base mobo..?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

litec systems

Registered
Hi guys, :)
Its the first time that im ask something here..so sorry if im do something wrong due to this site rules..and also my English not the best ... I'm planning to upgrade my c2d machine to used q6600 with the p5kc mb... I'm was planning to do sli or something then I'm understand that i cant cause its ready to ati cross fire ...im have some nvidia8/9xxx cards and im want to use 3 screens..( different/same at time.. Or 2 same and 1 different...) Can i do anyway the bridged nvidia sli between them with this board? And if i can't sli.. Can im at least do what im writin with 2 8/9xxx nvidia cards and with the ( different..)3 screens?? And if so,how?? Just install the 2 different driver" together"?!
Do i'll neen exact the same card to do that or i can do that with different nvidia 8-9 cards??
Btw..(d.k if relevant..i'll use an 32 led tv..and 2 22" screens..) And btw,can hacintosh osx will support what im plan with all the 3 screen with such machine?!( in addition w7 at different drive/ pArtition)Hope that its clearly enough to you guys... Thanks a loottt!!!!!!

I am in a rush, so I can not look everything up right now for you..

First off, what operating system are you using? I.e, Windows 7? As this may make a difference with drivers.

I am in a rush, so I can not look everything up right now for you..

First off, what operating system are you using? I.e, Windows 7? As this may make a difference with drivers.

Thanks for the replay bro!!:)
now-W7--32... At the near future hacintosh..

...With the drivers im fine right now due to some change that im do at the device man. Immediately after install the win 2 years ago cause to be safe if the mb will die,i'll can just swap it to another... And now it started to drive nuts...:) so im upgrading my machine...

Dear kyij,
When u will have the time for looking and "search" for me? I'll really appreciate your help& the patience!!...

Back in the P35 days, you couldn't run SLI on an Intel chipset. That didn't change until the i7/i5 chips & chipsets came out. So you'll definitely be out of luck trying to run SLI.

Whether you can run two cards is something you'll just have to try. I wouldn't advise it nor try it myself, but if you've already got the cards I suppose it can't hurt. I'd make an OS backup in case the worst happens and you hose your OS.

The P5K does not do SLi, as Hokie stated.

If you want to run three screens, simply drop another card in the system. The model doesn't matter, but I'd stick to the same make. This doesn't allow you to span the monitors (treat them as a single monitor), but it will certainly allow you to run individual screens.

All right,
Thanks to all the helper's..:)
Maybe i'll looking for another board...( the p5k wasn't here yet.. I have to do some deal with a guy.. But he want too much money..)
Thanks anyway to all!!

If i'll "drop " another card, i'll have to install 2 times drivers? For ex.
If i'll put gt9600*2 with different card itself maker's, install 2 Times drivers?
And how about if i'll drop7800+9600 install the both drivers ( any card with his own driver?!)
And one more thing.. I'm haven't a stable internet connection.. So i'm can reply after some time..

If you have two gt9600 cards, you don't need to install drivers twice. Windows will have the drivers from the first card and will simply use them for the other. That is why I suggested sticking to cards that are still using the most recent driver. For example, I wouldn't use a 7800 and a 9600 as they likely would require different driver versions (or an older one), which would be a pain.

If you won't be gaming on the extra monitors, get a new card or one in the last year that is very low spec.

Last edited:
All right,thanks again to all the helper's ..i'll have to check out if finally i'll go with that mb.. Cause anyway.. I'm have to do some deal to get it.. I'm was wondering to get an used i5 machine(the first generation..) i'll choose the "best offer " to myself...
Btw... does hacintosh i'll support that?! At least 2 screens?!

So.. Finally i'm get p8z68 v le mb.... With g 2020 cpu...
Does z68 support the nvidia sli ?
And im read at the manual that im can use the integrated + additional video card at a time.. But not shure if its will work cause they say something with gf4-5xx or hd5-6xxx cards that maybe just they supported with this function...

Hi guy's-that's extremely pushy to me!!
So im hook up the new hardware that i mention one reply ago..
And as I'm say at the beginning of the post, about One month ago ..when I'm swap CPUs& mb's..from c2d to one with higher GHZ and from asus p5vd2 vm to an gb p35 mb
it's boot perfectly without any issues, and automatically install the drivers from Windows (7)...
Now,when I'm assigned my HDD to the z 68 mb its failed to boot!! I've run already the windows startup eror & even launch an system restore point..and it's steel no booting!!!!!:'( im clear the bios memory and restart.. Still no boot,after that, I'm entered to the bios and disable the audio& usb 3 chips ..cause I'm thinking.. Maybe that's is the culprit?! But sadlyyy, still no boot!!

So what I'm can do now?! I'm really not want to install again Windows with all the stuff.. And im have a lot large programs to install... So I'm cant format.....:-/
Forgot to say... Still have the p35 mb.. So if I'll need to do something at dev. Man. I'll can do that...
When I'm installed Windows about 2 years ago.. Im immediately enter to the device manager and change the sata to standard ahci... Because if the mb i'll die, I'm can swap it to another... Not remember exactly ..but u can understand me.. Its guides on the web...

Last edited by a moderator:
Making that kind of platform change, I would strongly suggest reformatting and reinstalling Windows. It's not that bad. Granted, I've had a fair bit of practice, but I can have everything backed up, reinstalled and up & running in a night. The key is to have all your drivers, programs and files downloaded and stored on a second drive. Then format your main drive, install Windows and then plug in the second drive. Go to town on drivers, programs and updates. Done in a few hours.

Thanks for the reply
Im know,im also a tech guy.. Im have even some blank HDDs...
The problem is the big audio creation software... Not the dry data...
Im also know that always reinstall is recommended anyway.. But still I'm prefer to" avoid" that...
So if there's still some hack or software that im can install instead format.. It's I'll be greattt and I'll very appreciated that!!
Thanks in advance!..

You can try uninstalling all of your hardware drivers, then putting the HDD into the new system. Again, that's not recommended. Good luck.

All right,thanks to all helpers at whole this page!!
Just wAnt to share.. If ar the future someone wil want to that...
Swap mobo without Reinstall win:
Firstable, u can try to change all the chipset brand to generic /standart ones through the device manager... For ex. All the intel/via/sis at the beginning... Usually u I'll find that at system devices or ide /atapi controllers...U have to update them driver's.. U can find how at some websites.. For me it works at the first mb swap.. Not at the second.. And at that case it was enough to do that just on the ide/atapi...
So.. Eventually, I'm read about paragon adaptive restore 2010..so.. Download &burn and run it ( of course.. U have to pray for the computer gods( probably intel and your mb brand..) :-D
And finally ..it works!!!!!!!!!!

Back