• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toxikk, fps back to its roots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sobe

Unscathed Member

The studio claims to be taking FPS back to it's roots without all the crap in modern FPS's, which, IMO, is damn fantastic. And I love the end, "No Free to Play". I am looking forward to this title!

Want more info? Check out the site,
http://toxikk.com

Last edited:
I said screw it, paid $11.25 for it in a 4-pack with 3 others for beta access and steam key for game when released.

The closed beta is supposedly marked for Q4 of 2014, so we'll see. If anything, I lost out on the price of a single large pizza, lol.

Also updated OP with Toxikk site link(s).

Looks like it could be amazing! But so do a lot of early access or preview games. I'll have to wait and see for myself when it comes out.

It's been in development for 2 years, it better be good.

Last edited:
looks cool, hope it gets a following as it progresses through development.

Seems very UT-ish. Could be good.

That was the vibe I got from it.

As a side note, they're going for the first person shooter roots. But they are definitely not going for the realism roots. I thought it was headed in a good direction when they said no health regen, no cover abilities. But then they pulled out double jumping and futuristic weapons... with no ADS. I think I'll pass on this one. :blah:

Double jumping is cool, and super retro! Also, weren't UT's weapons futuristic?

I'm very excited for this game. If they implement a no-gore mode, I'm all in.

Back