• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock 660Ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PlaneGuy

Registered
Hello, I have two EVGA 660Ti's that I'm wanting to overclock. Now they are the EVGA Superclocked Edition but I figured I could still get some more out of them. I've never done this before so if anyone would be able to guide me through the process, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ok, thank you. Even thought that is a few years old, everything still applies with the newer cards and I can still follow it?

Alright, I'll follow the steps, I'll most likely use RivaTuner because it looks the easiest. Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I have one more. Since I have two cards running in SLI, do I start changing the speeds on one card until I find the max, then just copy it on the second card? Or do I find the max of the first card, then find the max of the second card? In case they are a little different. I'm sure if they are different then I should run both at the slower cards max speed. Again, thanks for all the help.

this is what i was able to do with the exact same cards (evga superclocked 660ti)

this is what i use for benchmarks, not sure how stable it is for 24/7 gaming?

Attachments

• 3dmark3.jpg
    3dmark3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 62
I have some time tomorrow to overclock so I'll post the results, hopefully with no problems!

Ok, so after reading through the guide, I understand what I need to do. Change the clock speed by a few until I reach the max, and then change the memory speed a few until I reach the max. Now I have a question. In the picture, there is GPU clock offset and Mem clock offset. Are those the sliders I would use to change the speeds? Also, do I need to change the power target? And finally, since it underclocks itself when it's not being used much, how will I know it is actually running any faster? Will I change the speeds and then notice a higher score when I benchmark it? Thanks for all the help!

Edit: Sorry about it being so small, that's the biggest I could make it.

Attachments

• OC.png
    OC.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 60
It's been a while since I've played with my 660ti, but IIRC the clock offsets limit the adjustments to the range you specify. But there are throttles built into the card BIOS that will not let you set or run the card outside of certain hardware limitations, obviously. Just ramp the power target up with offsets at 5% to start. Tweak around from there. Each card is different. But once you're happy, save the profile for ease of use later.

That's what it sounded like we I was mousing over the different things. So I can use that program to overclock, or do I still need to use something else. When I looked at RivaTurner it said it turned into MSI Afterburner.

That will work too. But since you've already got one 'tuner' locked and loaded, go ahead and get a feel for what your card can do. More software to play with later will help you to sort out which you're most comfortable with.

MSI Afterburner will work with an EVGA card? Will I need to flash the BIOS?

Alright, I got Afterburner and downloaded the 3D Mark demo from the steam store, but now I can't find my scores. Everything is just grayed out. Should I download it from the website or is there a better program to use?

Ok, thanks for all the replies guys. I'll have to try again tomorrow. I walked in ready to go and went to open the 3d Mark download...... and it was corrupted. :rain: I'll download it again and try tomorrow. One thing before I start, are the safe temps 70C-80C. Just want to make sure I don't go too far.

Edit: I was messing around in Afterburner by changing the core clock by 1MHz or 2MHz. I used GPU-Z to confirm it was changing, the core clock changed from 980MHz to 981MHz. So great I know! But then I typed in 980 in the box to change it back, and it maxed out the slider. I looked and the GPU was actually running at 324MHz. Is that because it isn't under load? Will the overclocked changed only take effect when it is put under enough of a load to push past the 980MHz? I also watched it while running Furmark and the clock went up to !,161MHz. Is this what it is supposed to do? According to GPU-Z, it should only go to 1,059MHz which is the superclocked speed. It seems like if it just goes as high as it needs to, I wouldn't need to overclock. Sorry if I'm not understanding this correctly.

Last edited:
yeah i think all the way up to 100 is safe

the gpu clock is 993 MHZ with a boost to 1072 MHZ

memory should be 1502 MHZ (or 3005 MHz since it's 1502x2)

at least that's what it is on mine.

Edit*

just tested in a game, with no overclock it went all the way up to 1189 MHz on the core clock.

Last edited:
also, the overclock in msi is an offset overclock.

So lets say stock clocks with no load are 300mhz, and with load is 1000mhz
then you use msi afterburner to overclock it +200mhz
now with no load it'll be 500mhz, and 1200mhz with load

(these are random numbers, not actual 660ti specs)

Back