• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quintr

Registered
I upgraded my OS SSD to one with more capacity. Many of my programs were on another "Applications" drive. After I installed the new drive and OS, the programs on the other drive did not show up on my program list. Only the ones newly installed on the "C" drive show up. I have reinstalled those programs I had on the Applications drive and put them on the new "C" SSD with the exception of one program. I cannot find my download folder from my purchase. I must not have backed it up and deleted it from the old drive. It is still on the "Applications" drive I mentioned as a Program folder. How do I get it up and running again? I went into the program folders and found a "Setup," but nothing happened when I tried it. Any advice would be appreciated.

If the install setup the system to use the program (creating registry keys, registering files, etc), you will need to locate the installer. Otherwise, you could copy it over and run the program. Some (such as Steam) don't need to be reinstalled.

I upgraded my OS SSD to one with more capacity. Many of my programs were on another "Applications" drive. After I installed the new drive and OS, the programs on the other drive did not show up on my program list. Only the ones newly installed on the "C" drive show up. I have reinstalled those programs I had on the Applications drive and put them on the new "C" SSD with the exception of one program. I cannot find my download folder from my purchase. I must not have backed it up and deleted it from the old drive. It is still on the "Applications" drive I mentioned as a Program folder. How do I get it up and running again? I went into the program folders and found a "Setup," but nothing happened when I tried it. Any advice would be appreciated.

The easiest thing to do is to download the program again. Any software I've ever purchased online is indefinitely available for re-download and re-installation.

Back