• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing computer turn off problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adam31415

Registered
after overclocking my fx-6300 when i turn my computer on it shuts off then turns on then it might shutoff, but it will always turn on and run fine. i think it might be my psu. I heard rosewill psu might not be the most reliable.

cpu-fx-6300
gpu-r9 270x
motherboard- gigabyte 970a-ds3
psu- rosewill green 630 watt psu
ram- 1866 mhz hyperx fury

Might be your ram too. Kingston doesn't play well with amd so much. But yeah, a new psu wouldn't hurt, but you should focus on a better motherboard imo.

Would there be another sign the ram is the problem. Can offer any suggestions for a mobo. I picked gigabyte because of the USB always on feature.

There may be nothing wrong. If your board utilizes both CPU and PCIe clock generators, the dual / double boot is a normal function of the BIOS (sometimes dependent of the BCLK / HT Ref clock; > a set BCLK, the double boot kicks in). During which the clock generators are effectively synchronizing / calibrating themselves, which results in a more accurate and stable final CPU clock.

Would it only double boot after I overclock then?

It certainly could if the bios is not sure of the overclock or is near erroring and has to restart to try and clear the issue.

Hardly ever see such issue since the setup has to be sort of on the borderline on a cheaper board, but it has happened.

so this is a common problem with gigabyte boards. so is there any harm to my system. if there is, what motherboard would be suggested.

We've seen it a few times, this dual boot kinda thing. It does appear that alot of them do it while overclocked. As for the board it's fine from what I've seen it's just an annoyance for the most part.

Back