• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 970a-ud3 rev 1.1 and that GOT-DANG ETRON controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rescuetoaster

Alright, I need help from anyone with the etron USB 3.0 controller. I have never had an issue with this thing up until this last week - it forgot what drivers it should use for the front panel USB 3.0 ports. Device manager shows them as code 10 "This device cannot start". Reinstalling the drivers doesn't help. I can see others are having this issue, but can't seem to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Man all you have to do is put "etron USB 3.0 controller + problems" into g00gle and hang on for the problems since 2010 even. From what I saw a few used drivers from Giga to help rememedy the issue but for many, once the problem actually began they had to finally windup doing an RMA. Most said the chip in use was very h0t. That might be why it is now suddenly acting up after all the time that has gone bye.
RGone...

Well I know it is borked for lots of people, I just wanted to know if anyone had a fix. Seems to be working today.

I'd be shocked if the chip was hot given the airflow in my case, but I guess I'll try to locate it and slap a heatsink on it. I hardly use the front ports, it'd be nice if they didn't break before I actually buy a 3.0 flash drive.

Toaster, are you running Windows 7 on that machine as per your sig? If Windows 8/8.1 then know that Microsoft has acknowledged that their USB 3.0 stack has problems and won't work with a lot of USB 3.0 devices.

It should be the chip directly above the front USB3.0 plug that says ETRON on it.

Back