• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rave and Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FeralCom

One week of folding and I have moved up to #295! It would be more, but a storm knocked out my DSL all of Sat and Sun. Anyway…

At the main site, I can see that one of my CPUs are not going to Team 32’s count. I have checked all my clients and all are set. I redid the –config for the Text Only client I am running on my duel unit and it claims its was set for Team 32. Could there be something I am missing?

Ohh..and good luck to all those in the contest! I won’t be competing but I am still excited to see who wins.

FeralCom said:
One week of folding and I have moved up to #295! It would be more, but a storm knocked out my DSL all of Sat and Sun. Anyway…

At the main site, I can see that one of my CPUs are not going to Team 32’s count. I have checked all my clients and all are set. I redid the –config for the Text Only client I am running on my duel unit and it claims its was set for Team 32. Could there be something I am missing?

Ohh..and good luck to all those in the contest! I won’t be competing but I am still excited to see who wins.

Did that machine return work yet? If you have a slower machine with a huge protein it could take a while for it to finish and show up.

Yes, it has completed 2 WUs so far.

When you look up my name, you get 2 returns. One has me with team 32 and the other has me with no team affiliation. I think the culprit is the 1 Text Only client I am running, but when I check it , it lists TEAM 32. I am running the graphical version on all my other systems.

You may want to kill the client. Delete the client.cfg and the work and then run -config again. It could be that the client.cfg is corrupted. It's the only thing that I can think of. Another thing to check- Open the client.cfg with a text editor and check it, but don't use word or wordpad. THey will mess up the formatting of the file.
Are you running 2 clients on the dual machine or just one?

I am running 2 on a Duel Celeron System. I am using 1 copy of the graphical client and 1 copy of the Text Only Client. Both were installed and are running from different directories.

FeralCom said:
I am running 2 on a Duel Celeron System. I am using 1 copy of the graphical client and 1 copy of the Text Only Client. Both were installed and are running from different directories.

are you using the -local flag for the text client? It should run locally anyway, but I did it a couple of times without using -local and it started running the same protein as the gui client instead of running out of its local directory. Some people have had no problem, but it's worth mentioning.

Back