• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Chiller question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
So im trying to build something crazy a 10 480mm radiators system, my room temperature is around 23C, im not sure what type of temps ill get with 10 radiators, but just wondering if i buy a small water chiller and connect it to my loop and set it to 25C to prevent hitting Dew point, (i guess that prevents condensation) will this work? I guess because the amount of rads i have the temps wont increase as much but wont create condensation?

honestly if you have any problem with 10 480 rads and heat i will personally kiss your ***. i dont care how hot it gets. take it out side and let it chill if 110f temps, its gonna be running just fine.

honestly if you have any problem with 10 480 rads and heat i will personally kiss your ***. i dont care how hot it gets. take it out side and let it chill if 110f temps, its gonna be running just fine.

im sure i wont have any problems, but a Hailea employee just contacted me to try this, i may do it for the hell of it, just wanted to get your opinion.. apparently they main issue they got is that they are getting the water too hot in the inlet of their units, and wanted me to test if it will get fixed by using few rads before it.

Last edited:
ah oki lol :p but literally your radiators are just going to warm the water back up to room temp

Not if the chiller is set to a temp above room temp it won't.
Radiator before chiller is a totally functional way to assist the chiller IF the incoming water is above room temp.
Radiators add or remove heat to attempt to match water temp to room temp. They don't care about direction of heat transfer at all.

this is true. but with that much radiator one wouldnt think the water temp is gonna ever be much more than like 1-2c delta ish.

this is true. but with that much radiator one wouldnt think the water temp is gonna ever be much more than like 1-2c delta ish.

Not to mention that with proper flow rates that the temperature of fluid in the loop is +/- 1°C.

It all depends on what its cooling.
If it's a server rack, it might be useful :D

That much rad on a normal PC? Water temp wont go over ambient +1°C.

hes gonna be running 4x r9-290's and a 3770k? something like that

Take the money you are going to spend on the water chiller and instead use it to find a way to duct the radiator exhaust out of the room/house. Even just two 290s under load will raise my room temp a solid 7-8degrees, 4 290x's will be worse. Either that, or use the money on a window mounted ac unit specific to that room, because you are talking about a computer that will compete with a 1500w space heater for heat output.

Back