• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo has 3 bad capacitors. Is it fixable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QSW

My beloved BE6II2.0 refused to boot this morning and after some troubleshooting, I discovered that 1 capacitor is leaking and 2 are bulging, they are located behind the CPU slot.

Will the motherboard still work if I replaced the capacitors? Is it hard to remove them and solder new ones in? What I am curious to find out is when capacitors blow, are other components affected as well?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It can be done, but it's definitly not a job for "beginners of the soldering iron".
I have had done it (changed capasitors on suspision, an changed back later (had not exatly match to replace with...) when I figured out what was really wrong).

If you have done some soldering before, you would probably get it to work, but you better bee carefully when trying too get the old capasitors out of the board...:)

Good luck......:)
LYRA

you probably could replace them, but it deffinitely isn't easy. plus it is rather dangerous. a stray bead of solder can fry your board for good. i'd try to RMA it before you do it yourself.

you probably could replace them, but it deffinitely isn't easy. plus it is rather dangerous. a stray bead of solder can fry your board for good. i'd try to RMA it before you do it yourself. :p

Back