• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7 2 RAID setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JT

Registered
Just got my TH7 2 board and was reading through the manual.

Question is when setting up the RAID. First thing I do is install an OS on the one of the hard drives in the ide channel 3 or 4. Then once installed I install the RAID drivers that come with the motherboard. Then I go in to the BIOS and set up the RAID 0 which deletes everything on the two hd that will be RAIDed. So then do I just install the OS again????

Main question is I have to install the OS twice right????

Thanks alot

step by step installation progress

-) connect 2 hdds to the raid-controller
-) power up, press CTRL+H during the HPT Bios initialisation
-) define raid-setup - reboot
-) boot from windows CD

-) for win98, me: follow installation instructions, install drivers, blabla
-) for w2k, xp: at the very beginning of the installation you will be prompted to hit F6 in order to install raid-drivers.
Do so, have your HPT driverdisk ready.
-) Follow the installation instructions, continue setup, blabla

Ok so I set the RAID up were installing the os the first time.

Thanks Red!!

Can you give the instructions if you want to use the two Raid channels as regular ata 100 channels

Yes:

What I had to do was install the OS with the HD on IDE0, shutdown, move it to IDE3, reboot, and have windows xp partition and format the second drive...

no worries.

Raid 0r no raid What gives better performance?

I have tried Raid and without. Setting up Raid was too easy. But my access times from SiSoft 2002 show the raid gets 14 ms access time and non-raid gets 9 ms. This is with 2 60 gb ibm deskstar 60gxp. Am I doing something wrong? What gives the best performance?

Back