• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wondering about Skew settinss?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3dguru

I just got a Soltek and it offers skew settings, does anyone know how to use the skew settings?

I don't have a Soltek, but have never seen "skew" settings. This piqued my curiosity and I have emailed Soltek tech support with an inquiry. When (and if) I get a reply I will happily share :D

LutaWicasa said:
I don't have a Soltek, but have never seen "skew" settings. This piqued my curiosity and I have emailed Soltek tech support with an inquiry. When (and if) I get a reply I will happily share :D

Thanks, for the fast reply and I think everyone wants to know! ;)

Surprisingly, there was an email awaiting me when I got home from work just now. Not surprisingly I didn't get an answer as yet because the tech wants to know what model the mobo is.
If you'll post model number of your Soltek we may actually get a quick response. :)

They have sent a reply. Following is a copy of their answer, I can only guess that something is lost in translation:

Hello Sir:
This is Vincent from Taipei Soltek.Regarding to this problem.I thought
that these option(AGP,PCI,Chip,CPU) usually used for delay the clock for
these device.the unit was pico-second.

Âà±H¬O¸g¥Ñ vincent <[email protected]>

I will see if I can get a bit clearer explaination. :)

Greg M said:
The latest ECS K7S5A BIOS has a new setting for a memory driver slew rate with options for normal and fast. Are you sure it is skew?

Nope, "skew".
3dguru, we ain't the only ones who're curious. Give this a read :)

Back