• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone use Rheostat buses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtec96

ok, I just ordered my new system (componets) from Newegg, and was thinking of doing this once I get everything set up......

I am getting an Antec-type 1040 case with mounts for 4 80m case fans... I ordered the normal Sunon 39CFM fans for now to fill them up...and got the Delta 68CFM for HSF....

What I was planning on trying was to order the 50CFM Sunon High Power case fans (4) and the "Super Delta" 80CFM HSF BUT run them through a Reheostat bus to control the speed (and sound)!! I would mostly only have to have them turned to about 1/2 way or so and only crank them up during a game or Bench... Right? Isn't this the way they work?
They will allow quiter running until they are needed.
I read somewhere that the 80CFM Delta would not work on a Rheo bus.. I think it would - just need a strong enough Reho..... Any advice on using these?

I'm ordering a RheoV2 from www.pcmods.com right now, and it says it's rated for fans up to 17 watts per switch. I can't believe that a Delta wouldn't run on one of those things.

cyber mouse45 said:
I'm ordering a RheoV2 from www.pcmods.com right now, and it says it's rated for fans up to 17 watts per switch. I can't believe that a Delta wouldn't run on one of those things.
Thats basically the same one I am looking at getting.. I think the Delta would have no problem working with THIS bus....along with the case fans too....
Would you be able to keep the RPM's down while on the net ... then increase for a game or Bench? Is that how this would work?

vtec96 said:

Would you be able to keep the RPM's down while on the net ... then increase for a game or Bench? Is that how this would work?

Yep, that should work. I was thinking about doing the same thing too. :)

yea most people just set them to a certin level and leave them...but basicly it lets u adjust the voltage from 12v to off (i think its to offf my be like 3v or something) instead of just being able to go from 12v to 7v to off like their other bus

Back