• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morgan Re-install OS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

13oots2

Have had a Morgan running fine in my system for a week now. Is it true, to obtain the full benefit of the chip, that I have to re-install Win2K??

Just found AMD's recommendation, CU all in a couple of hours. Have a complete re-install to do, and I can't use my Ghost copy:(

Post some benchies when you get back. That's kinda weird that you have to do a complete reinstall. A reinstall usually does good once in awhile anyway.

I dont think that you need to reinstall for a new CPU - motherboards are a totally different story tho.

You don't need to reinstall. Try WCPUID and see if SSE is enabled. If it isn't then WCPUID can enable it with the click of a mouse. Its that simple. to test it out try some sandra benchamarks before and after.

I was suprised, but the attachment shows what AMD has to say.

<Edit> just ran a bench using Lightwave previous install using Athlon 7.2 seconds. New install with Morgan 6.7 seconds

Last edited:
13oots2 said:
I was suprised, but the attachment shows what AMD has to say.

<Edit> just ran a bench using Lightwave previous install using Athlon 7.2 seconds. New install with Morgan 6.7 seconds

Well, there is an improvement.
Get tweak-xp - www.tweak-xp.com and enable the appropriate CPU tweak for your processor.

Back