• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-1700 watercool. Which mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Hi, I have three mobos to choose from to set up my watercooling kit on my XP-1700 agoga. I need some opinions on which mobo to use to overclock this thing.

Asus A7V266-E
Epox 8KHA+
MSI K7T266 Pro 2

I would assume to use the Epox 8kha+ right?

I have heard that the Epox 8KHA+ is really good for overclocking. I don't know about the other boards though.

I have all three of those boards at home, but I think my best bet is to use the Epox. There is only one problem,,, there are no mounting holes for a waterblock on the Northbridge.

Should I just use Thermal adhesive?

AudiMan said:
I have all three of those boards at home, but I think my best bet is to use the Epox. There is only one problem,,, there are no mounting holes for a waterblock on the Northbridge.

Should I just use Thermal adhesive?

To be honest, I'm not sure. Check out the Cooling section - I know very little about cooling. The only thing I can think of is to just make sure it is secure.

Back