• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an NVidia Vanta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ucfswimmer

I have a 16MB 2X AGP NVIDIA VANTA graphics card whose stock speeds are 100/125. I have used Riva Tuner to overclock going in increments of about 5 with the core and mem and thourghly testing it with about 5 or 6 loops of the 3DMARK2001SE Demo and so far I've been able to get it to 140/167, anything higher than that and I start to get artifacts or it locks up. Now I know that most of the time its the memory thats the bottleneck in a system so my question is. Is it really worth it to keep the corespeed at 140 or should I turn it back to like 130? The reason I'm asking is because both the core and mem are outside of the blue bar thingie and whenever I touch the HS on my GPU it's almost hot enough to burn me to the touch...thanks for all replies.

~jeff~

You may want to try aiming a fan at the chip or using more cooling. Try reducing speeds until performance starts to suffer, when the speeds are the bottleneck.

Back