• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram prob!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blohin

I have 256mb Micron DDR with Thermaltake DDR Memory Cooling and the problem is: If i let it run at 266MHz my system locks up -if I drop it down to 200MHz it works fine?????

Any ideas?!:mad:

Hi rnpgrosz
as u can see (under) my ddr is 2100 thats why i'm aking, and dont get me wrong but Im no newbie to sytem buiding, but this is first time i'm using memory cooling (Thermaltake DDR Memory Cooling) and first time MSI K7T266 Pro2:confused:

What it's not...ram temp, ram heat isn't hot enough to cause problems unless your case is the problem. Let me know your memory timings to see if they coincide with your sticks.

Sorry Blohin I missed that. Did you set your memory timings to the fastest speeds? That could be your problem. Or you could have just gotten a lousy stick of ram. If you have other ddr memory take out the stuff your using and try that.

Back