• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ Northbridge fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

Anyone know how big the northbridge fan in on the 8KHA+?

I'm thinking of getting a fan adapter to put a larger fan on there.

hmm that is a good question. but what do you need a bigger fan on it for? i am nice and overclocked and during full load mine is not overly hot to the touch. Just asking.

I just checked it, it's a 4cm fan. Soon I will be running a very high FSB on that mobo. Probably around 180 or so. When I can afford it I'll put a waterblock on the northbridge.

hmm... maybe i can epoxy a crystal orb to it, that would be better than the stock.

I don't think you need to use epoxy. The heatsink has two holes that mounts to the mobo.

probably i just don't know how big the orb is, i will find out when it gets here. I would go check the TT main site but i am too lazy:D

I'm pretty sure it will fit. Just don't forget that it will be a tough task to take it off if you use thermal adhesive to stick it on.

AudiMan said:
I'm pretty sure it will fit. Just don't forget that it will be a tough task to take it off if you use thermal adhesive to stick it on.

oh yeah i know that will be the tough part... i guess i should make sure because i am trying to go to h20 so i don't want to have to rip my northbridge out when i try to put a block on it.

I'd say you should wait until you get water, then get a northbridge water block.

I wouldnt bother.

Dimmreaper from AOA has done research (including water and i think peltier) and found there was no advantage.

It would look cool though.

Actually in more than 50% of cases I've seen theres been over a 5Mhz advantage with H20 as to Air.

But is it worth the hassle? I think so! Which is why I've ordered a Northbridge Block.

M_N

5-10Mhz.

But thats 10-20Mhz DDR.....
But were overclockers! And every Mhz should count......I found that you can get your 8KHA+ to 2.4V too! And the memory to 3.5V, and even the Vio can be tweaked!

Some people have gotten over 190FSB DDR!!! Cas2.....
I'm just hoping that extra 5-10Mhz gets me over 170FSB!

With no northbridge cooling i wasnt able to get my FSB over about 150, and that was pushing it, and only at CAS2.5. With a big heatsink i was able to get 166fsb, CAS2. With RAM cooling i could get 176fsb, but i got data corruption on the harddrive, was fine at 174, but CD burner makes costers above 170, all at CAS2

The bottom line, northbrige cooling helps, RAM cooling helps.

2.1V at the moment but I'm going to Mod the whole side of the Voltag Regulator chip to enable 2.4V

Also if the pictures are clearer do the RAM mod to enable 3.5V, people have gotten up to 200FSB Cas2 with this!
Problem is no-one has any information on the RAM voltage Mod, and any information is scarce....

Last edited:
Back