• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8500 scoring only 2366 in 3dmark2k1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
ok guys I DLd the latest Radeon driver 6037, Direct X 8.1 (how do I check to make sure it installed properly?) and VIAs 4in1 drivers.

Its a Radeon dual display with 64mb or ddr ram. retail and all made by ATI.

Any help?

[sarcasim] don't use a 486 [/sarcasim]

seriouly though bro, try to intstall all the drivers again, checking 3Dmark after each one, then you'll know what happened, in case it happens again. If that doesn't work, ya might wanna take a look at the display settings and see if something is set out of whack, might be a glitch in software somewhere. Checking the heat might reveal the problem too.

If none of that brings it back to normal, try checking some other system settings. Check CPU/RAM/Mobo benchmarks and temps.

Other than that, an RMA might be in order. I just RMA'ed that was showing garbage while playing directx 8 games. I never seen how it affected 3Dmark, but my retailer took it back and gave me a new one no problem.

well it would be ok if i was on my intel BX with a 600 celly but I am not... i am using system in my avatar only different video card obviously.

I uninstalled the radeon VE drivers before installing the video card. I installed direct x 8.1 and DLd vias 4in1 drivers. I updated driver from original on CD to 6037 only to gain 74 points.

well I will keep looking. TY for you input

hmmm.. looked aroung the ORB and found some radeon scores in your range and with a proc close to yours. Do you per chance have any fsaa on? And this is with the card at stock right??

Can you list the setting of your video card to help us find you the solution.

At default 249.5/249.5 and the rig in my Sig at default I score roughly 8000

Like I said, maybe it's a simple RMA. These things happen.

And ya, check the FSAA, or check the setting for SBA. These things can bring your scores way down.

Hope you find a solution.

1028x768x32bit FSAA isnt on (3dmark2k1 shows it off).

basically I am at stock speed on everything nothing is O/C I am assuming since the card is retail its running at 250/250MHz.

Like I said before I am running the 6037 drivers. i am in Win2k would this kill scores?

I reinstalled the dirver and BAM!!! I am happy now... almost :D

Nice deal ;) Did you by chance remove the previous driver before installing the 6037 driver? Well it doesnt look like it matters now anyway.....Glad you got it all sorted out. Im off to bed....See yah on the flipside

:burn:

IFMU said:
To bad it wasnt like this huh? :D

HEHE taht was my second bench how did you get that? you hack my comp?

SSS I guess I got stupid and I installed the 6037 over the original driver. but i did uninstal the radeon VE driver... But I did reinstall direct X 8.1 taht may have been it? now like you said it doesnt matter lol

Back