• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Bleeding Technique Ques.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
OK, I had to buy 6" more of tubing and 2 more elbow fittings, but I finally have it not leaking.
I have everything "roughly" installed. And have to turn the case and H20 Block upsidedown, in all sorts of funny directions, to get the air out.
It finally doenst leak, and is completely silent.
This is with "test" water. Gotta get some WW today.

How/What should I do to remove the air? Remove the system? What do you guys do? What have you found that works best?

Thanks.
:cool:

I havent had any personal experiance, however I have read that tapping on the hose helps move the air out. If you let it run for a few days the air will filter out.

it would only get out if computer is on side or you will have air trapped in top of block also if you have an closed system it will have to open to get air out. cycling pump on and off helps get air out quicker too.

brothernod said:
yeah but cycling the pump isn't good for it.
niethier is air, by cycling I mean turning it on then let run a few minutes on turn off wait a few seconds and repeat. I asure you that any pump made can be turned off and on without a problem.

LOL.:D
Yeah, I did tap the hoses a bit to get some air out of the lines. (moved the bubbles to the top)

My rad "inlet" is @ the top, and outlet is @ the bottom. [Pump,Block,rad, pump....When I find a suitable resivor, it'll be Pump, block,rad, res...]

This Swiftech system is not the friendliest 1 to use. (closed system) My feelings now are: "Go for an open system" and use the smaller 4" square rad's !!!!

{What am I complaining about? I got the "WHOLE SYSTEM" for $40.00 USD.} (NEW) :D

:cool:

My "technique" is to connect all pipes except the one going from the cpu to the pump, and the one leading to the fill line. I then put the two pipes into a bucket of water. Simply, turn on the pump and let it fill up. Then I simply connect the pipes back. At most you will probably have to add 3-4 tspns of water later on.

Back