• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get rid of pump noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overdoze

how do you get rid of the hum noise. I place a foam underneath the pump but it is still humming. Does sillicon tube help?
check the other pic at skin=heat conductor pic

There really isn't much you could do outside of insulating your case. I wouldn't wrap the pump in anything because it will overheat. Try permanantly pounting it to your case with foam in between. That will at least hold the pump firmly in place.

Errr, I might think your pump is vibrating against the case, if you can possibly stick your pump out on the carpet, try it.

First be sure there is no air trapped in the system. Pumps
usually make very little noise. IF you have a cheap pump
that IS noisy, try using some soft solid rubber to dampen the
vibration.

not sure about yours, but when I first got my pump it was extremely noisey... poor design I suppose but the impeller actually rubbed against the plastic causing it to vibrate and be off blance causing more noise. I was able to slide the impeller a little so as to space it away from the pump and then superglued it to the drive rod to keep it in place. Perhaps a similar fix would work for you.

You could also try use 4 small blobs of silicone glue and put the pump on the Globs of glue when they were still tacky....:argue:

PS wheres your radiator hiding?

Silversinksam what's with the double post? You padding your post count or what?

I would think being the classifieds mod you wouldn't need to get your 100 posts to buy/sell. ;)

It's gone! Coulda sworn I saw two unique posts out of sam...

hmmm, lesson for you fellow late night ocers... Mtn Dew Amp will fry your brain...

Hi folks, I have a little more time to work on it today some more.
It seems like my pump make even more noise now. The vibration translate to the copper tube at the side and vibrate the whole case. I have to extend the tubing a little more.

This pic link down here is my rad (toward the middle) . It does not work very well at high ambient. But it work well in the winter :)

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75914

You could wrap the fan in an old mousepad. Or, put it in an insulated box, maybe even have it floating in a tupperware container full of water. That would defenitly kill the noise

overdoze said:
how do you get rid of the hum noise.

Doh! Turn it off! :D

I think it could be transmitting along the vinyl tubing if the stuff is a bit stiff. If it is like pulsing the water flow, all elements of the system could be a source of hum though, that would be virtually impossible to get rid of.

Road Warrior

I think you are right. Thanks for your input. I just orderred the sillicon tubing with Black ICE extreme. Will see how that helps.

Back