• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel udma controller vs highpoint raid in th7 II and optimization

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eriksatie

I have nowadays only one harddisk (maxtor 7200 40 gb). Would it perform better connected to the Intel controller or to the raid controller?
That drive will be used for audio/video files under win2000. I've seen that Intel has some "optimized" drivers for the UDMA controller, especially under win 2000. so I think it shuold be better to use that controller instead of raid, and disabling this last.
what do you think of?

another question:
How I have to tweak the bios to optimize the system without overclocking nothing? I let it the way it is?

Seeing as how W2K and XP still have the UDMA support problem with the Intel controllers I would say use the HPT controller. I only use my IDE 1 Intel controller for my CD Rom and Burner. My HDs I put on the HPT controller and use the latest 2.31 drivers (of course I've updated my bios with the 231 bios also :D).

Back