• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change ur Win2k boot logo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I understand that not many ppl really notice those things, but still it can be nice, put something u like and be different from other ppl... Even if the rest is the same :p
I reboot very often, cause I'm dual bootin'... So I do notice it

The Coolest said:
I understand that not many ppl really notice those things, but still it can be nice, put something u like and be different from other ppl... Even if the rest is the same :p
I reboot very often, cause I'm dual bootin'... So I do notice it

I'm not saying that it's completely useless, but I personally wouldn't use it. But if you're booting up all the time, go for it!

Thanks alot, I definitely will try to work on something like this in the coming days :)

Cool, I'm definitely going to put something better up because I reboot at least once per day with all the system tweaking I'm doing lately.

Thanks,
K1

boot screens

running 6 or 7 alternate boot screens right now...

Hey there are other logos that can be edited in the same way, like the logon box, and the win2k "perparing network connections" box, etc. If any1 has some decent art progs and creates new versions of those dialog boxes, that'd be great. My favorite boot logo ATM is the windows 2003 elite server edition one. Only 3 seconds later, regular old winkdows 2000 pro network connections and logon boxes come up and it kinda spoils the effect.

Does any one know how to make a WinME boot logo? I know that it should be called logo.sys and placed in C:\ but what are the res. of the pic and what are the colors that are requiered? I tried to do something, but it didn't work, any suggestions, links, help?

winME logo

Make a copy of your logo.sys and then open it with photoshop or irfanview. You should be able to find out the # of colors and resolution like that.

A friend of mine is making a 3D version of the O/c logo that im gona use as a startup logo, il post it here as soon as he finishes it.

i've did that on most of my machines awhile back already. they r 98, 2k, and XP.

in 98, i believe it's 320x400 16 color. **remember! it's just 16 color, not 16bit color!!**

anyway, it's good to pass on.......;)

actually, for WinXP, u can go to ThemeXP. they have tons of boot screen, logon screen, and a link to a very easy to use program that allow u change boot/logon screen in XP on the fly w/out reboot into safe mode.

I found a couple of really nice boot logos. I'm pro'lly gunna install them after I format in a few days (getting an XP/new mobo/DDR. W00t!)

Back