• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon MP already unlocked??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tigermau

Registered
Hi guys,
1. Is it true that ALL Athlon MP's are unlocked out of the box?
2. Can I use it on a single CPU motherboard?
3. What's the highest multiplier available now? What I'm getting at is if I buy a MP2000 will I have higher multipliers to OC to, or should I just get a MP1500 and OC that to 2000 levels?
4. And what FSB freq do the chips run at in stock form (100 or 133)?

Sorry, for these basic questions but I have a household of Intel products and I'm looking to convert.
Thanks.

tigermau said:

1. Is it true that ALL Athlon MP's are unlocked out of the box?
From what I gather yes. i do not own one but I have never heard of one being locked.

2. Can I use it on a single CPU motherboard?
yes

3. What's the highest multiplier available now? What I'm getting at is if I buy a MP2000 will I have higher multipliers to OC to, or should I just get a MP1500 and OC that to 2000 levels?
Whatever the 2100+(XP) or 2000+(MP) is the highest default mult. Search the CPU database link one OC.com and check best overclocks there. Usually faster chips will clock higher than slower chips simply cause slower chips have to catch up to the faster chips stock speed. but there is always a miracle chip taht outperforms fast chips. Again research taht at the CPU database.

4. And what FSB freq do the chips run at in stock form (100 or 133)?
266 is the CPU's bus speed and 133 is the SYSTEM'S bus speed

anymore? Check out my FAQs link below in my sig. Have fun with whatever you buy.

Back