• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*RoadRunner*Can't find default gateway?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krome

Hello all. I just got roadrunner, and am trying to get it to work, but can't get it to connnect. If y'all have roadrunner, I get "error 95 - can't find default gateway", it says that the IP code has been created/verified. I have tried to connect both with the USB, and the NIC card, same results. All replies are appreciated.

P// 400
256MB Crucial
Motorola SB4100
Windows 2000 Pro

your computer needs to be set up to obtain an IP address automatically. I had roadrunner, with my PC set up to recieve automatilally and had no problems. if your NIC has link to the modem, the problem may be on their end.

Krome said:
it was their problem, the account was never activated.... DOH!
Unfortunately, there real good for doing that. Seems like 8 out of 10 times, someones problems stem from the headend not activating the account or doing it improperly.

blebs99 said:

Unfortunately, there real good for doing that. Seems like 8 out of 10 times, someones problems stem from the headend not activating the account or doing it improperly.

Same here, I had called them after setting up saying I had problems, after 15mins on hold and another 15mins talking to some guy who didnt know what he was doing he finaly figured we wernt activated. he said that it would be actavated ASAP and that I should try again after 5pm. turns out the didnt do anything and I had to call agan and was on hold for about 30mins and I got in hold of a guy who was able to get my account activated shortly after I hungup with him.

Back