• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today we are going to dig in and look at a Z170-based motherboard from our friends at MSI. They have been pretty creative with their lineup and themes. From Gaming boards to the more budget conscious Krait line, there is something for everyone. MSI has taken the venerable MPower and XPower lines and added a titanium silver color theme, and a few feature updates on top of typically great overclocking abilities. Welcome to MSI's stable and to our test bench, the MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium. Not only does it have the standout looks, the MPower and XPower lines are known to overclock pretty well. Let's see what the added features are and if it still has the gusto to push on your CPU in our performance tests.

Click here to view the article.

I like the white look but that is unusual the difference in XTU. I wonder if it's in the ram timing tables? I know XTU is very ram sensitive.

I have an Mpower I like the motherboard but it has a base clock limit of 118. This limits overclocking non-k skylake processors. The limit appears to be bios imposed and the mpower only has two bioses available. So i've put the board away until the limit is changed. Using my exteme6 at the moment.

Back