• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd USB problem with A7A266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amair_sc

Hello everyone, I have been experiencing a very unusual problem with the USB devices on my computer. First of all I should mention that I use a A7A266 asus mobo with the alimagik 1 chipset in my rig.

Let me describe the problem I run into. Whenever I am in windows (98se) I can use my USB devices without a single problem (cordless mouse and gravis gamepad). The mouse works great and the calibrating tests show that the gamepad is working properly. The thing is, when I load up a game (i.e Lord of Destruction) the mouse works perfectly for a short period of time (I never get into the game, only in the menus) and then stops responding completely. When I exit the game and return to the windows desktop, my mouse still refuses to respond. The only way I can get the device working again is by rebooting my computer.

I have installed the windows update patch for USB devices to no avail, I also checked out Acer Techs site for drivers (and also to check if this was a known issue) but found nothing that helped me fix this problem.

What do you guys think? Do I simply have a faulty mobo or is it a software/driver problem? Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading :)

i had a the same problem with any d3d , it was eitehr the video card drivers or something

but goign to xp fixed it pluss gave me more proformance

Thanks a lot Repo :D !

After a few long hours of searching I found what was wrong on the USBMAN site. I had to add a Dword in the registry to enable ACPI (or something like that).

Ahh, the devices are finally working correctly.

Thanks again :D !!!

Glad you got it! That site has been a great help to me. I'd actually send him a donation if I weren't unemployed right now!

Back