• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This 7500 wont stop!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude

I had a friend buy a radeon 7500, because they are cheap, good, and from what I heard pretty good overclockers. Well we set this guy up and and run a bench mark with 3dmark2001, 3000. Ewwww thats sucks. So I say dont worry we will overclock it and get a better score. I download power strip mess with it get the memory up another 20mhz, and start messing with the core. I MAXED IT! 278 is the highest power strip will let me go. It is completely stable, and cooler than the memory. This thing is cold almost no heat what so ever coming from it. I need a program that will allow me to go farther. I have tried power strip and rage3d both wont go any higher than 278 or 270. Do you guys know of any more overclocking programs that will go farther?

Thanks
dude

dude said:
I had a friend buy a radeon 7500, because they are cheap, good, and from what I heard pretty good overclockers. Well we set this guy up and and run a bench mark with 3dmark2001, 3000. Ewwww thats sucks. So I say dont worry we will overclock it and get a better score. I download power strip mess with it get the memory up another 20mhz, and start messing with the core. I MAXED IT! 278 is the highest power strip will let me go. It is completely stable, and cooler than the memory. This thing is cold almost no heat what so ever coming from it. I need a program that will allow me to go farther. I have tried power strip and rage3d both wont go any higher than 278 or 270. Do you guys know of any more overclocking programs that will go farther?

Thanks
dude

You may find that your highest overclock may not necarissarily lead to a higher 3DMark2K1 score, it can actually become less.

BTW do you know if the ram is 3.6 ns. Good overclock, mine can do 344/270 but it does not give me my best 3D mark 2K1 score so I have settiled for 330/260

Cisco Kid

what are your scores btw

OK thanks for the advise. At stock he is getting 2950 with a 1.0A [email protected]. After I push the memory to about 20mhz above stock and max the core speed I'm getting 3180's. This is just with no tweaks. I'm just messing with speed's. I believe it is 5.5ns ram on his, cheap was a big thing for him. I do not know If that is an average score or what. Lets me know of some ways to improve on it. Im trying to get his fps up higher on cs, that is the main purpose of doing this.

OK I checked out guru3d and they have a program called radeonator that will let me set the speed to 400+ if I want to. And let me know if there is any other little tricks to get more speed out of this thing.

Thanks

dude

dude said:
OK thanks for the advise. At stock he is getting 2950 with a 1.0A [email protected]. After I push the memory to about 20mhz above stock and max the core speed I'm getting 3180's. This is just with no tweaks. I'm just messing with speed's. I believe it is 5.5ns ram on his, cheap was a big thing for him. I do not know If that is an average score or what. Lets me know of some ways to improve on it. Im trying to get his fps up higher on cs, that is the main purpose of doing this.

Strange for a [email protected]? My 600@990 (110fsb) with the weak bandwidth memory via apollo 133 chipset did 4228 at the first 3dmark run with stock drivers and stck speed (270/384,5mhz) 5,5ns ddram.. didn´t oc yet... reinstaling win becouse of a virus.... :(

In Powerstrip, click on those boxes and it will allow you to change the percentage of increase (200% is max, default is 133%)

-PC

aixelsiD said:
Could we get some framerates? Would be interesting to see how much of a performance gain you really got.

Mine: Bumping from 9x100 at Cas3 and normal dram settings to cas2 fast dram settings give me 7% increase fps in quakeIII. The same at 990 gives me 5,2%. Jumping from 900 to 950 and to 990 (always using Cas2 Fast dram settings) gives me:67,2 - 69,2 and 72,1 fps at the best run. Overclocking the videocard from dtock 270/366 to 310/420 gives me 0% increase in fps inside quake!
Conclusion: Yhe CPU and mem subsystem is the botleneck in my case...!

Quake III Arena: 1024x768, color depth @ 32 bit, full screen ON, Lighting @ Lightmap, Gemoetric detail @ highest setting, Texture detail @ maximum setting, Texture quality @ 32 bit and Texture Filtering @ trilinear mode. The demo used was "DEMO001".

Hope this clears somethings a bit.

:eek:

@crilicM@n said:

Mine: Bumping from 9x100 at Cas3 and normal dram settings to cas2 fast dram settings give me 7% increase fps in quakeIII. The same at 990 gives me 5,2%. Jumping from 900 to 950 and to 990 (always using Cas2 Fast dram settings) gives me:67,2 - 69,2 and 72,1 fps at the best run. Overclocking the videocard from dtock 270/366 to 310/420 gives me 0% increase in fps inside quake!
Conclusion: Yhe CPU and mem subsystem is the botleneck in my case...!

Quake III Arena: 1024x768, color depth @ 32 bit, full screen ON, Lighting @ Lightmap, Gemoetric detail @ highest setting, Texture detail @ maximum setting, Texture quality @ 32 bit and Texture Filtering @ trilinear mode. The demo used was "DEMO001".

Hope this clears somethings a bit.

:eek:

A retail 750 is clocked 290/230 these card will usually do 320-340/270 (540 ddr)

cisco kid

but the highest overclock does not yield the best performance gain

DS-Master said:
Um isnt that an underclock?

I thought the Radeon 7500 has a 290MHz Core?? What the heck is going on here?
even the 8500's don't have a 290mhz core except the gigabyte at 300mhz.
===========
you might try riva tuner. it would let me go about 60mhz faster than my card will go stable. leaving lots of room for higher overclocks.

edit... wow i didn't realize 7500's were clocked at 270. they are still based on the radeon 256 chipset however.

Maxvla said:

even the 8500's don't have a 290mhz core except the gigabyte at 300mhz.
===========
you might try riva tuner. it would let me go about 60mhz faster than my card will go stable. leaving lots of room for higher overclocks.

edit... wow i didn't realize 7500's were clocked at 270. they are still based on the radeon 256 chipset however.

retail 7500's built by ati are clocked at 290/230, here is proof, 7500 has a higher clocked core than the 8500 fopr some reason

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/3211_932821__4

here is a knock off made by optimus using 3.6 hynix ram and clocked as I said 290/230

http://www.speedy3d.com/doc/article.php?

cisco kidfaq=1&fldAuto=6&page=2

There seems too vary a lot from model to model the ratail speed in the Oem cards... Mine came at 271/366, i runed it at 320/420 no probs, but it didn´t give me any advantage , no better fps becouse of the subsystem botlenec, so I didn´t go out finding whats my limits... still downloading the monster madonion software, 40 megs :eek: .... The memoryenable software driver to use the 4-way interleaving in my mobo (wpcrst was unstable with 4-w interleaving...) gave me another 7% + fps in quake... :D

Back